Things are a bit slow, so I thought it might be a good time to blog. Only problem is, I have no idea what to write about.
For most people who know me well, you know that I am a bit "celebrity obsessed". I keep up with what goes on in the world of celebrity and so on. Not something I am proud of, I realize there is more to life, and it's a waste of precious time to do so, but none of us can be perfect and that is one of my vices. So, lately something that has really been in the news a lot is the passing of Heath Ledger. He died, quite unexpectedly, at the age of 28 last week. I was pretty shocked when I first heard the news, and even a few days after, it was just hard to believe I guess. Now there is constant speculation in the media about why, and they are dredging up sordid details about his life. I feel guilty because in keeping up with this stuff, I am partly the reason that they do it. I mean, by showing an interest, they(the media) continue to try to find stories to offer the public. Unfortunately, while I can go a while without keeping up with it, I don't know that I will ever completely lose interest.
So this brings me to the idea of gossip. It really is so destructive and so unhealthy, so why is it that people love to do it? It is clearly the lower nature of man winning over the higher nature when we do gossip, or listen to it, etc.. So why do it? I mean what good could possibly ever come of it? Yet, it is probably the most common thing people do. Sometimes, I feel like, in order to truly live my life the way God intended me to, that I need to move to some deserted island away from the rest of the world. Obviously, that was not God's intention. But I find it such a struggle to live righteously in the current world we live in. Honestly, sometimes at lunch at work, people are talking about someone, or something that has happened, and I find myself battling with myself in my head, like "Zhena you know its wrong, don't say anything, don't add to the conversation, keep your mouth shut, stay out of it", but then what do I go and do, not always, sometimes my conscience does win out, but other times I partake of the gossip, and I KNOW its wrong... So WHY do i do it???
Gosh, it is so ridiculous that we know how to do things, and why even, yet, we just don't do it!!! Really, God MUST be merciful, because sometimes I think humanity is a lost cause... Ok, I don't really think so, but seriously, God must watch over us and just wonder sometimes " What is it going to take for these people to get it right? I send them the way, I tell them what to do, and STILL they just get it wrong???". Lord almighty, it's a wonder He hasn't gotten rid of the human race and started over from scratch....
Ok - this post took a turn I wasn't expecting, but I guess its what's on my mind today...
PS - I really DO have hope for the world, I just think its going to take a long, long time until we see some major changes in the world and things we, as human beings, place importance on and how we choose to live our lives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment