Today is a sad day for me because one of my co-worker's whom I have grown quite fond of is leaving the company. Today is her last day, in fact its her last few minutes here I believe. It feels like what once use to be a bustling, noisy office place has become quite and almost desolate. So many people have left that this place is a completely different place from what it was when I first started here. It's a bit sad, especially when the weather is grey outside as it has been for the past month here. I am really going to miss my co-worker. Her name is Terese and I really like her a lot. Every day when I would come into work we would chat and share stories about stuff. I feel like I am losing a friend, even though I hope to keep in touch with her. It stinks saying goodbye to people you are fond of. Especially if you don't have too many friends around, it really stinks!
I feel like so many people I have grown fond of over the years, I have had to say goodbye to! I guess I am just feeling a bit nostalgic for a past life. I would give anything to be back in my freshman year of college, just for a week and reexperience the fun times with friends. I had such a wonderful time my first year with my Bahai friends in Atlanta and that feeling of belonging. We were a special group of friends and we have since drifted to different parts of the world, but in that time it was so nice. Hanging out at Ladan's apartment on the weekend, Tali and Sami coming down from gainesville, nase coming in late from his 12 hr shift at CNN, adrian just dropping by, all of us just chilling together... I loved that time in my life!!! At least I have the memories of it all, and some pictures to remind me if I do forget! I miss you guys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
okay so this might be a morbid approach but i dont mean it to be that way. but sometimes i think about how awesome its going be when we're all dead. you know, and we can just kick it with the people will love into perpetuity. none of the time/space/emotion barriers. (emotion bc sometimes that keeps us from the people we love, too. drama drama drama). anyway, i think the afterlife will be amazing. so something to look forward to...way down the line (hopefully) but still something;)
hehehe - i had never thought of it that way, but not so morbid...kind of really cool actually...will be nice...can't imagine it right now, but its probably quite glorious compared to life on this earth..
thats funny that you say you havent thought of it that way even though i have said it to you like FOUR THOUSAND times the EXACT same way N just did but i guess you forgot.....
VAIII
I think that n. is on to something. My dad actually has a lot of dreams about big gatherings with many people he loves, and there is always this sense that it is in the afterworld. I hope it is so. It must be!
Post a Comment