Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Ramblings...

Not really a lot going on today. I have a lot of meetings at work this afternoon, but not much else. This weekend was nice and relaxing. We got some good stuff at Ikea and spent sunday putting them together and rearranging the house a bit. It's fun doing stuff like that with P. We both enjoy it quite a bit. I also actually watched part of a basketball game with him and it was fun because I spent the majority of the time asking him random questions about sports. I find its enjoyable just being with each other, even if I am not that into the actual game...Bebo, that's our dog, was quite the cutie. we gave him this hand sized teddy bear which he is quite fond of and he just wouldn't let go of it all day Sunday. He would bring it to us to try to get us to throw it across the room so he could fetch it and bring it back and just everywhere he went, his teddy went too...It was fun...

We also saw the movie "Charlie Wilson's war". I quite enjoyed it. I don't think it is the kind of movie which appeals to mainstream America because , though its a comedy, its a bit on the intellectual side and I find it hard to believe that your average person from georgia or texas or kansas will want to see it, especially since it doesn't paint American tactics in the best light... Nevertheless, if you get the chance, its a pretty good film. It goes back to the idea of "seeing the end in the beginning". If the US gov't had done so in the 80's, perhaps the current situation in Afghanistan would be quite different, that is what I got from this movie anyway... It's got a great cast too! You can't get better than Tom Hanks!

Not much planned for this week. I am going to try to catch up on some readings and start preparing for a talk my parents have asked me to give when I am home in Puerto Rico. They hold gatherings once a month where they discuss a certain aspect of the Baha'i Faith with people who would like to learn more about the Faith and its teachings. So, they have asked me to be the speaker at their gathering next month, so that means I have to prepare...haven't quite chosen my theme yet, but i'll come up with something, i always do... If you aren't a Baha'i and have ideas of things that would interest you, let me know, or if you are Bahai and have ideas of interesting topics in the writings, let me know as well! I am totally open to suggestions!

Alright, that's enough rambling for now...have a great day!!!

1 comment:

The Pomez said...

In Last nights game LeBron COMPLETELY CRUSHED kobe bryant into basketball nothingness, he posted for several rebounds, assists but better yet 41 points and one VERY crucial one in the last few seconds that SUNK the lakers, yet again as you pointed out in your blogentry Lebron James shows why he is KING JAMES, im glad we agree on this:D