Friday, January 25, 2008

See the end in the beginning...

Well its finally Friday. I think Friday is my favorite day of the week. Why? Because it is leading up to the weekend. I am one of those people who is always looking ahead. Sometimes that can be bad because you don't really enjoy something good while its happening because you are always looking forward to the next thing. However, I think I enjoy things well enough. This weekend P and I are probably gonna do some shopping for home improvement items, watch some movies, and read Baha'i books, nothing terribly exciting, but still something to look forward to.

I am really getting use to this "normal" life, being with my husband all the time, not worrying about when he is leaving and how long it will be before I see him again. It's the most amazing feeling. For most people who don't have to or have never had to deal with a long distance relationship, I say good for you, you're lucky. On the other hand, I feel like I have an advantage over you. You see, when you have been in a long distance relationship for an extended period of time, you REALLY learn to appreciate your partner and your time with them. You don't take that for granted. I mean maybe the novelty of being together will wear off at some point, but all I can say is that it has been exactly 18 months pretty much to the day that P and I have been living together "full time" and we still turn to each other and almost giddily jump up and down and say " I can't believe we don't have to be apart anymore!"... So, while I don't recommend the long distance thing because it is very difficult being apart from your loved one, if you are in that sort of relationship now, don't lose faith, there is something very wonderful to look forward to at the end... See the end in the beginning...

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Naaaawziiiiii!

The Pomez said...

LOOOOOSERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Zhena said...

I love you too honey :o)))