Sunday, January 27, 2008
Somewhat on the serious side...
This morning I am sitting in bed using the computer while P sleeps in a little longer since he stayed up later than I did. As I sit here thinking, I am remembering the fun things we did together this weekend, like working out with each other, playing some bball, going shopping for house stuff(we found some cool things), and just enjoying one another's company. I think about it and I consider those some of life's simple pleasures. But then I think about the Baha'i Faith and how the writings say that if we had so much as a needle's eye view of what the next world is like, how we would forsake all we have in this world to join that one immediately. Like imagine how wonderful it must be if in the blink of an eye you wouldn't hesitate to just leave everything, and everyone to join the spiritual world. Then I think about the three attachments we are told exist, but mainly I focus on the idea of attachment to the things of this world(material things). I think about why is it that KNOWING material things don't matter, that the pleasure they bring is fleeting and superficial, why do I still get any kind of joy from them whatsoever. I mean I won't deny it, I try to avoid attachment to "things", but i definitely still like "things" quite a bit, especially if they are glittery "things", hehe, but really why is that?? I mean I guess I don't really know at the end of the day how I would react of i lost all of those things, and that is where my character would be tested and where i would learn how truly attached i was or not, but still why is it?? And why is it that knowing the next world is so wonderful and that the best way to progress in it is to serve humanity while i live in this world, why don't I spend literally every waking second serving???It's like I know what to do, but not how to get myself to do it... Sort of like going on a diet... i know i need to, and know exactly what to do, but getting to that next step is dang near impossible!!! Frankly, my personal opinion is that the world we live in right now is so drowned in materialism and the fleeting pleasures of this world, it is very easy to get caught up in it, and that I just need to remember that I was put on this earth for a reason, and while I can enjoy to some extent what this world offers me from a physical stand point, that I MUST nourish my spiritual side 100 times more than my physical and that I need to accomplish my purpose of exisiting and do so through obedience to God's commandments and service to humanity. Lord help me because sometimes I feel like I am failing miserably!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yes its true as you say about wade having knee and shoulder sugery and still feeling the effects of it however he is playing ABSOLUTELY inspiring basketball rigth now as you point out in your blogentry and its amazing and educational to watch, last night he posted for 35 points and tons of other stuff like rebounds and assists, so yes i also agree with you, D WADE IS THE KING!!!!
Amen and HALLELUJAH sister, preaching to the CHOIR!
No but seriously, I totally feel you on this entry. Being in this "Holy of Holies" I still find myself grappling with a lot of the same stuff as always which is mind boggling and frustrating, to say the least. I guess it's also how God tests and proves us. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
Sometimes I wish it were easy, though. Life is sometimes happy, and sometimes sorrowful, but never easy...This is what I find, at least.
Good entry, good food for thought:)
Also, I think enjoying time with your loved ones is good and healthy, and part of a spiritually well-balanced life.
You are SO right!
Post a Comment