I got a message from my sister today saying congrats, its the halfway mark. This was in relation to the fast. It's quite amazing how quickly time goes by. Until I got her message, I hadn't really given it much thought. The truth of the matter is that this year the fast has gone quite smoothly for me. Its the first time in 5 years where I haven't had an insanely difficult and very long work schedule, so really it's been quite easy. Granted, it isn't over yet, so maybe the last half will be harder, but so far, no big deal. I don't enjoy waking up early, BUT, I do enjoy praying with my husband in the early morning. It's a nice way to start the day together, even if we do go back to sleep after.
This is a very good time for personal reflection and goal setting etc..I am really hoping to take this time and use it wisely. Internalize some things and come up with a plan for how to accomplish certain personal goals in the coming year.
So I am going to do a complete 180' turn now. I just got a phone call at work today from someone who is suppose to submit a regional analysis to me by this afternoon, but they haven't even started on it. This sort of thing REALLY frustrates me. I can't understand how some people can be so non-chalant about their responsibilities and due dates, deadlines, etc... Do they not realize that when they submit late it makes me either have to work my ass off to get my stuff done on time, OR i am late regardless of how hard I work??? I am just the type of person who takes deadlines and responsibilities VERY seriously, so i don't get it. It really, really irks me!!! The thing is, everyone sort of laughs it off, because its the same thing all the time! I mean come on, there is no excuse for always submitting late, I'm sorry, NO excuse!!!
Ok, that was my rant for the day! I am going to have a busy few days at work the rest of this week, but that's not a bad thing. Makes the time go by faster. I kind of enjoy it. I am also going to go look at an apartment tomorrow, there is an open house and I am going to see how it looks in person. P and I are very interested in it... We'll see how it goes. K - that's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
rain drops on roses and blue colored kittens and deadlines and mittens, I hear ya baby girl, its very frustrating when people dont take time seriously, its crazy stuff, anyway i hope everything works out for you, ill be rootin for ya,
much love
Carrie
Post a Comment