P and I are going to Haifa tomorrow. We will be there for one week. It couldn't come at a better time for me. I am sure there are many factors, but I have felt quite down lately. There have been some frustrations (my apartment situation in Atlanta), fears(a very dear family member is not well), longing (i miss my family and friends), and cabin fever to name a few (i haven't left sweden in about 8 months). I realize that I have much to be grateful for, but I am also human, we all have our own trials and tribulations and these are a few of mine which have sort of been a blow to my spirits lately. So, as I said, this trip couldn't come at a better time.
I will see my beloved sister, have some time away with my hubby to reconnect, and best of all, be close to my Lord. I am looking forward to pouring my heart out, praying for my loved ones and turning inwards a bit to focus on my soul and its needs spiritually.
On a completely unrelated and more positive note, I have been very good with my weight loss endeavours. I have stuck to my diet quite faithfully and my exercise regime. In fact, in the last week there have been about 4 occassions/events I have attended which could have been cause for great temptation, but I was resolute in my actions and I did not give in. I haven't cheated even once. I feel quite proud of myself for that. I am leading a healthy lifestyle and plan to keep it up. I have also lost 2 kilos in the process and hope to continue to lose. So this is good for my spirits for sure..and i'm sure as i see more success I will become even happier.
I also got to see my new niece this weekend(my brother in law's baby) and that was so wonderful. She is so cute and I got to hold her and it was just very nice. I am so happy for my brother and sister in law and hope that P and I will get to spend some more quality time with them and the baby. She is too precious to not see often!
I will try and blog some more about my trip when I return. In the meantime, my friends will all be in my thoughts and prayers while in the Holy Land!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you're here:)
Post a Comment