Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm Back

I arrived back from the HolyLand 2 days ago. The trip was wonderful. I had a really wonderful time. I got to spend some nice time with my sister, meet new people, ALMOST win a poker tournament(no actually gambling involved - but glad i didn't win as i was a visitor and it would have been very awkward..coming in 2nd was awkward enough), and last but certainly not least, visit the most sacred of Bahai Holy Places. It was so relaxing and good for my spirit.

Also, I managed (for most of the trip) to be pretty good in terms of what I ate and how much, etc., and Haifa is a city on the mountain so we walked ALL the time up and down very steep inclines. I am happy to say to date I have lost almost 4 kilos...I am still determined to keep it up. As soon as I got back home, I immediately went back to following my diet 100%(was a bit hard to do while travelling) and even went to the gym on my first day back at work. I feel really proud and think I can definitely meet my goals, just need to keep up my determination and hard work.

This trip came at the perfect time for me. It was just what I needed. Best of all, in about a month and a half I have another wonderful trip coming up which I can look forward to. I get to spend a month at home with my family (just us), it will be so great, I just know it!!! I can't wait!!! I will miss my doggie, but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

I said prayers and thought of most of my friends while in Israel. I also prayed for some of my life situations. Now I just have to wait and see what happens. I truly believe a lot of it is in God's hands (like people who are ill, their healing, etc..) and there isn't a whole lot I can do but have Faith and pray i am able to understand God's will, whatever It may be. Time will tell!

That's my update for now.

No comments: