I have some changes that will be taking place with my role at work soon and I am sort of allowed to choose some of them, but sort of not. I don't really know what to do. On the one hand, I am totally ready for a change and more responsibility, on the other, I do NOT want to be working ALL the time again...I just don't see the point. Life is too short to waste behind a computer crunching numbers when the benefit of such work doesn't do much to help my fellow man...at least much that I can see...I am all for doing a good job, but I am scared that expectations are quite high too. Oh well, I have always managed in the past, so I am sure once I get over my initial fear, things will work out. I definitely want to do a good job...We'll see what happens, nothing has been hashed out yet.
I am also feeling a bit scared with the economy and the lack of stability that exists right now. It feels as though, at any second, any one of our lives could come crumbling down, as we know it that is. It's a very strange feeling, not knowing what the future holds. Growing up the way I did, you always think if you are well educated, work hard, you will be ok - but the fact of the matter is, there is a good deal of luck involved too. There are plenty of people right now who have a great education, are very qualified, but were laid off and are now fighting with thousands of other people for few jobs...I guess we just need to take life one day at a time and learn to roll with the punches, so to speak. I think part of my concern stems from my whole atlanta apartment situation and not knowing the full financial repercussions that may have, if any...But hopefully that situation will be resolved in the next few months...we will have to wait and see... I really would give anything to not have so many responsibilities on my shoulders right now and just be 18 again depending on my parents..hehe..life was good then!!! Or I wouldn't mind winning the lottery, that might be good too!! Haha, I really can't complain, God has been very good to me...I am one of the lucky ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment