Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Naw Rúz!!!

Today marks the last day of the Bahá'í Fast which Bahá'ís from around the world have been observing for the past 19 days. The end of the fast marks the beginning of a new year, Náw Ruz. It is time for celebration and hopefully the start of many good things to come in the year ahead. Personally, this year's fast felt more difficult than year's past - not sure why - but it just was. However, I very much enjoyed the time I had pre-dawn with my husband where we sat and had breakfast together and then shared prayers and bahai writings. It was a very special feeling. I am hopeful of what the year to come holds for us. For starters, we are taking a short vacation together - next month which I know we will both love. It will almost be like a honeymoon. It is our 5 year wedding anniversary in a few months - so the timing works well indeed.

I am looking forward to the spring and summer - visiting family, and taking on new endeavours at work and in life. I just wanted to take this time to wish everyone a very Happy Naw Rúz!!!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: