
It's been roughly over a month since I wrote anything on here. I spent most of that time traveling to different countries. I was in Italy with my sister and then Switzerland for work. Italy was awesome. The country itself was beautiful and I saw lots of cool stuff (in Venice, Verona, and Rome), but more so, the memories I have from the people I spent time with will stay with me forever. For starters, this was the first trip my sister and I have taken together, just the two of us (though there were others around for much of it). I really cherish the time we spent together. It really allowed us to just enjoy each other and hang out and be friends. We explored Venice and Rome and had lots of laughs and even a few tears, but good to be able to be there for each other. I really love and admire my little sister and this just made me feel that all the more. In Verona, we attended a Bahá'í conference for young professionals called "Changing Times". I met some wonderful people at this conference and laughed so hard it hurt. Sometimes you meet people who just burrow their way into your heart, I experienced that at this conference. I met people who I know I will now care for as long as I live. I have memories to warm my heart and that is the best kind of memory to have!!!
After italy, I flew back to Sweden, was here for less than 12 hours, then flew to Switzerland and was there for work for 2 weeks. My new job has me going to Switzerland quite frequently. Though traveling can be exhausting, its kind of a blessing right now. Sweden isn't the best place to be in the winter since it tends to be dark and gray most of the time. Apparently, it was also FREEZING cold while I was gone. I was lucky enough to escape that while in Switzerland. I don't enjoy being away from home, away from my husband, but I do like the change in scenery and weather. I also really like the people I work with in Switzerland. It's a fun group of people and for the first time in several years, I am working with others which is really nice. I have been pretty isolated at work for a while, so its nice to be part of a team again. I head back in a little over a week and will be there for 2 weeks again...I'll be home just in time for Valentine's day, lucky me :o)
This past month has been a difficult one in terms of the world. The 7 Bahá'ís in Iran are on trial (the Yaran) and we all know its pretty much a sham of a trial, but still those poor people have been in prison now for almost 2 years without a "trial" and probably want to know their fate. At least the world has cried out against what is being done to them and it has created some awareness regarding the plight of Bahá'ís in Iran. Then last week we had the devastating earthquake in Haiti which has left thousands dead and many others homeless in a country which was already suffering a great deal. I feel really awkward writing about how great my life is and then acknowledging how so many others are suffering at the same time that I am smiling remembering a good memory. It feels wrong to be happy in the light of such tragedy and suffering going on, though I know it goes on all the time in many places around the world, but just doesn't get the media attention on it as something like a natural disaster does. The only thing I can think about is that those souls going through that are probably much stronger than I am and in the end their recompense in the spiritual world with be tenfold. I also think about what I should do to help contribute to this "ever advancing civilization" and make changes so that future generations don't experience this huge contrast of wealth and poverty, good life and suffering, that our current generation is experiencing. There will always be people who are less fortunate than others financially, but it won't be to these extremes and there will be an awareness in the world that I don't think exists yet. I hope I don't waste the opportunities that have been given to me and am able to do a little bit of good before I leave this "mortal world of dust". No one can phrase it better than God Himself(via His Manifestation of course): "O FRIENDS! Abandon not the everlasting beauty for a beauty that must die, and set not your affections on this mortal world of dust." (Bahá'u'lláh, The Persian Hidden Words)

4 comments:
so true zhens... in light of the Haiti earthquake, may be good time to start a devotional ...dunno... Unfortunately, nothing but the healing message of the Divine Physician will do to change this suffering. If humanity could only see it.
awww i love the post and the picture:) very true what you say about suffering. sometimes it's so easy to get hung up on things that just dont matter when things that really do matter slip our attention and dont get our proper time and devotion. like contributing to an ever-advancing civilization. Thank God for the House of Justice and the divine Plan huh?
seems SOME people didnt just BORROW themselves into your heart but TOOK IT and never gave it back, dare i say the N-N-M trio were some of them, tsk tsk KHEJALLAT!! i know youll delete this message but its FUN to even have you read it MUHAHAH
your best friend
much love
/Amy
Yeah - you guys are right. I think it would be good to start a devotional, I also think thank God for the UHJ!
Amy - yes the N-N-M is definitely burrowed deep in there, among others..
Love you all!
Post a Comment