No not really...I just feel like its time to post something on here since it's been forever since my last post. Last time I wrote, I had returned from a wonderful trip to Italy with my beautiful sister. It's been 5 months since that trip but I still look upon it fondly. Since then, I've been to Switzerland three times for work. This last time, I was there for nearly 3 weeks. I got stuck as a result of the volcanic eruption but made it back after 6 nights stranded in Lausanne. Luckily, I was there for work and all expenses were covered. Also in that time, I found out my apartment was foreclosed on (sucks but at least that ordeal is over with..for now anyway), and I got some other difficult news...I'd say the last two years of my life have been quite challenging in some ways, but in others I remember how blessed I am. It's hard to feel bad for yourself when you know how good you have it all things considered. For example, at least I get to enjoy freedom of religion. I think about the 7 friends in Iran who have now entered their third year in prison without a trial and sentencing. I can't even begin to imagine what it's been like for them!!! I hope they are released soon though I'm not holding my breath!
I feel like I am embarking on a new chapter in life now. I will be entering my 30's soon (in a little over a year), will hopefully be blessed enough to have children in the coming years and create my own little family unit. I cherish family above all else and want nothing more than to enjoy that feeling of being a family unit again. I miss my parents and sister so much and the feeling of the "four of us" but hope to have that one day again, though different obviously..
I have plans to head home this summer which will be so nice. Haven't been home in a year and didn't really get much time when I was there last summer. I am looking forward to sunshine, rest, and relaxation. Haven't actually booked my trip yet, but hope to do that soon. My father recently retired (though he still works - just free-lance now) but it will be so nice to have more time with him. I really miss my parents and look forward to spending some quality time with them...Well that about sums up what i've been feeling the past few months..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment