Sunday, May 16, 2010
Really, I mean really???
So I just got home a little bit a go from taking my dog for a walk around the corner from my apartment. As I was out, minding my own business, a taxi stops next to me, window gets rolled down and the driver says something to me in Swedish. I didn't hear him properly so I say, "what did you say", he repeats it again, again i Say " what" (all in swedish - my poor attempt), and he repeats and I finally understand he is asking if the dog is mine, i say "yes" he says "very nice dog", i say "thanks", he says something else, once again I don't understand, I think he might be asking the dog's race so I say "shitzu", he says "no..." and repeats whatever he originally said, so finally, in swedish I say "I speak very little swedish, english please" so then he proceeds to say again(in english this time) " is the dog yours", "yes", "very nice dog", "thanks", " where are you from?" " united states" , then the kicker "can i walk him with you"...Ahhh..now we get to the real reason he stopped.." he laughs, says something like " you are nice too, can I walk the dog with you", and i chuckle and say "um, I don't think my husband would like that very much" (though he probably could care less since he seems unthreatened by other men...), then he laughs and is like" no, no, just walk" and I kind of just smile and keep walking and he drives off...This gentleman was a bit older (40's maybe) and foreign which explains the boldness...I don't consider myself the hottest thing out there or anything close, but i mean come on dude, really??? you ask a young woman if you can walk her dog with her??? that's a new one...I mean he went for it, good for him..can't hurt to try I guess.. I just wonder - what is it that makes people so confident to just approach a complete stranger and be so forward??? The sad thing is, if this guy had been attractive, I'd probably have been very flattered and bashful etc...I mean who knows...life is weird but this guy didn't stand a chance, married or not...sorry buddy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG! Hilarious Zhena. Enjoy your time in PR. Write soon. Love reading hte updates.
Post a Comment