Let's start off with my progress report regarding my weightloss journey. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, I am trying to put off 10 kilos in the next 4 months. I just completed 1 week since I announced my goal and I am very happy to say I am off to a good start. I lost 1 kilo this week. It's not an enormous amount, but its definitely a healthy start! I hope I am able to keep it up. I feel like I am in the right frame of mind for it!!! I will continue to update, maybe not weekly, but as frequently as possible...
Now, for my H&M experience...Today, I went to H&M at one of the malls here in Stockholm in an attempt to do some shopping while P is out of town. Actually, I saw a skirt I liked and decided to go see if it would look nice on me. Anyway, here is what happened when I went. I went up the escalator to get to the second floor where I had previously seen the skirt. As I am reaching the top of the escalator an Indian gentleman passed by me and said in English "It's hot", then he proceeded to repeat it "it's hot in the store". I kind of grinned or something, not sure. Then I got to the top of the stairs I went to the area with skirts (which was very near the escalator) and I am filtering through and out of the corner of my eye I notice the Indian dude is also looking in the same exact rack as me. Then the following happened:
Indian Dude: What's your name?
Me: Why?
Indian dude: Just trying to make friends.
Me: (with a skeptical look) Zhena
Indian Dude: My name is Rami...
Rami: Are you from Sweden?
Me: No.
Rami: Where are you from?
Me: America
Rami: I'm from UK.
Rami: What are you doing here(in sweden)?
Me: I live here
Rami: So you work here?
Me: yes i work
Rami: (finally getting to the point after a bit of silence) Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: (lifting up my left hand to show him the big ass diamond ring on my finger) I am Married!!!!
Rami: (sad look on his face) oh bad luck for me... (he walks away)
I mean COME ON!!!! Does this dude think he actually stands a chance of picking up a girl at H&M???? I mean I am so stupid for not having said from the beginning "leave me alone I don't need anymore friends"...but its just not in my nature...What I want to know is, why didn't he just look at my ring finger to begin with... or maybe he did but thought it was worth a shot anyway....I don't know, but we women ALWAYS look at a man's left index finger to see if he is wearing a ring...Either way, it was a very strange experience...Kind of creepy too, because now I am convinced he followed me in the store and up the escalator...P wasn't too happy when I told him about it, since I was alone and all..but its not that big a deal, just hasn't happened to me in a while, men aren't usually so aggresive in their pursuit of women...much less the married ones!!! hehehe....Anyway, thought it was a funny tale to share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
" I have no self-confidence in terms of my appearance, I look like crap in just about every picture taken of me (and I use to be photogenic), and I am tired of it."
Others don't think the same about you, apparently ;)
uh oh, i wonder what kind of a guy will hit on you after your second week :) i was really impressed by your discipline the other day!! good luck with the goal! (did you reward yourself with the skirt?)
hehe thanks. not sure how week two will go as i dont plan on being terribly disciplined saturday night..but one cheat night is ok...i did reward myself with the skirt and a bit more..always fun to do that!!!!
Z, this is totally great news! I am so proud of you and know this is a sign of great progress to come. As to Rami,he can be many things, but gotta hand it to him for having excellent taste, even if followed by some poor judgment for hitting on a clearly taken lady. ;-)
Post a Comment