Monday, April 14, 2008

Life's Dilemmas

Why is it that as human beings we let quite trivial, and in the big picture, insignificant things, become "problems" in our lives? I mean somehow, despite knowing there is a big picture and more to life, the next world, etc... we still let ourselves get bogged down by things that in the end shouldn't matter.

For instance, if you are someone's friend and they end up not calling you and opting to be with someone else instead or blowing you off for something that in your opinion is silly, why should that really matter? I mean it does. There are very few people who can actually say they don't get bothered by these sorts of things. But why? I mean for those of us who have beliefs of a next world and believe that to achieve a higher station or better progress in that world, we should focus on bettering ourselves as human beings and service towards others, Why is it we allow ourselves anytime to even think about it?

It feels like we make this life much harder than it could be. Like if we could learn the art of letting things roll off like water off of a duck's back, life would be so much simpler. Whatever happened to "to each his own"? I mean I am the first person who is affected by these things. I am UBER sensitive, for real. I hate it actually. But I take everything personally. I always have. For instance, if i walked by a group of people and they started laughing, somehow I thought they were laughing at me, even though odds are it had nothing to do with me. I feel slighted very easily. I KNOW I shouldn't, but I do. I don't know how to not be so sensitive and how to not let things hurt me so easily. But that is why I wonder about this. Because I also believe strongly that these things don't matter. I mean I firmly believe I should be kind to others and it DOES matter if I am purposely unkind to someone or mean or rude etc... that is not acceptable and does matter. But in general, it shouldn't matter for me. I should just live my life, focus on what's important and not let the rest of it get to me. So why is it that I can't or that people in general can't? I greatly admire those who can!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude whats with all the depressing entries all the time, where is fun the humour the ACTION, just whats wrong or sad or depressing, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!! WOOOOO HOOO VENGA BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!

Anonymous said...

hmm, i wonder what inspired this?;)

Yeah, life is a tricky pickle. human beings=fragile. emotional. sensitive. orrrr, unempathetic, obtuse, self-absorbed. and human a meets human b and it all goes hay wire.

but i agree. we let the littlest things get in the way of otherwise stellar friendships. very sad indeed.

tmonajjem said...

Your feelings are so natural, and I think we all have them, even though we don't express them. Unrequited love or friendship is always really hard. Stay strong, though. People will soon realize what they are missing out on.