Monday, April 28, 2008

Last 2 weeks

It's been a little while since I last blogged on here. During that time my parents came and went. They visited me for about a week on their way to Israel for the Baha'i International Convention which takes place every 5 years. I really enjoyed having them here. It was nice for them to see where I live and what my life consists of these days. It helps give them a mental picture. They seemed to really enjoy their visit and the surroundings here. It really is a beautiful city/country.

There wasn't too much time for the three of us to spend alone together because there were lots of visits with extended family members, in-laws, etc. That was nice too, but sometimes its nice to just be by yourselves and have some quality family time. They will be back through here for a day and half and I am hoping it will just be us and we can enjoy some quality time together. It's so hard being so far away. I wish my family had been lucky enough to be together, but sometimes wishes don't come true. There is always the next world...

If's funny because the weather was really lovely the entire time they were here and as soon as they left it got a bit cloudy and is not as nice, though it is much warmer and we can finally see signs of spring/summer on the way. The trees and flowers are starting to bloom. I really hope we have a good summer weather wise! Last week was great, and I would love more of that!

They met Bebo and loved him as I suspected they would. It's hard not to like him if you are a dog person. He is so cute, friendly, and funny! I adore this dog so much. I hope he stays healthy and I have him for a long, long time!

P and I signed a contract on an apartment agreeing to purchase it. If all goes well, we will be moving in during the beginning of July. I can't wait. I love the apartment I am in now, but at the same time, its not mine and I can't wait to be in my own place which belongs to me and I don't have to feel worried if something happens, etc.. AND to be rid of the stairs, oh the joy I feel already!!! Plus now I can completely decorate it with my own furnishings, I will have extra bedrooms so my family and friends can come and stay with me. I am very excited!!!

Ok, that's my latest update!

No comments: