I am addicted to the show criminal minds. It's a show about the BAU(behavioral analysis unit) of the FBI. It's similar to Law&Order or CSI, but its much more interesting to me. I really like the characters and how the show is set up. It can be pretty scary to watch at times because they are pretty descriptive and a lot of the crimes they investigate are gruesome. I always worry that it gives bad people ideas, but my hubby says they get the ideas from crimes that have already happened.
It's a sad world. I mean the things that happen in this world its scary. I can't comprehend how anyone could possibly hurt another human being in the way they do on these shows, yet I know, unfortunately, it happens and even worse than anything seen on television. It disturbs me, but at the same time it makes me so happy to have my faith and to know that this is all a part of why the old world order needs to crumble(and is doing so) and a new one be rolled out in its stead. I mean yes some of this is just sick individuals, but a lot of the dirty things in the world, the evil, it comes from society. It's so clear to me that change is necessary and luckily we have the tools for bringing about that change.
So now I ask myself, is it wrong that I like this show so much? If I weren't desensitized some how would I even physically be able to watch it? Am I contributing to the evil in the world by finding a show about criminals and how they are caught so entertaining? I don't know. Maybe that's an extreme view. But I think it will be fantastic when the world reaches the day that such shows won't exist because people 1)won't be able to think of such scenarios and 2) people won't enjoy watching them. Till then I just have to admit it may be wrong, but I love it(hey at least they are out to get the bad guys and that is what i like seeing)! What are you gonna do?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment