Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Girlfriends


Recently, a good girlfriend of mine came for a visit. I only got to see her for a few hours all in all, but it was so good for me and so nice to spend that time with her. I hadn't seen her in about 9 months and we hadn't really kept in touch all that much since both of us were busy, but it felt like no time had passed at all.

Isn't it the sign of a real friendship when no matter how much time has gone since you have seen the person, when you are together it is like you were never apart? I think the same goes for relationships in general. I am very lucky to have a handful of these friendships in my life. Unfortunately for me, they are all scattered abroad on different parts of the planet, but I am just happy to have these wonderful ladies in my life.

After being married for about 4 years now, and trust my I really do love my husbands loads, after spending that much time with a man, I just realize how great it is to actually have a good girlfriend around to just be myself with. I mean nothing can take the place of a good girlfriend. I really miss the days I had when there were several of us together in Atlanta, but life changes, people move on, and in my case my friends and I ended up in different parts of the world. At least I will always have the memories and the comfort of knowing that when I do see them again, it will be as if we had just seen each other the day before! To all of you out there lucky enough to have a great girlfriend by your side, don't take it for granted, you don't know what a gift it is until you no longer possess it! To all of my girlfriends and my sister(cause she is also a girlfriend but even closer), I love you all dearly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay that is the cutest picture EVER, lets start with that.

numero dos- am sooo happy we are just getting closer and closer:)

I love you, sister.

Zhena said...

yeah me too!!!

tmonajjem said...

Ok, you make me cry, which is a good thing. At least I am getting some exercise in my tear ducts. We need to talk soon. Besos.