Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ITS OVER!!!!

That's right folks, the Writer's Strike is 100% OVER, for the next 3 years at least...I have been following news on the strike rather closely since I am ashamed to admit, I am a huge fan of television and movies and of course this strike was messing up my ability to watch my favorite shows, not to mention, the threat it posed to the Oscars which I am a big fan of. What's so insane is that this thing has cost the US economy and estimated 2BILLION dollars. Imagine what you could do with 2billion dollar!?! It's nuts, really since everyone in the world knows the studios couldn't possibly go on forever without the writers... It was a game of chicken to see who could last the longest...well at least they reached a compromise. But they only signed a deal for 3 years, so who knows, this junk may happen all over again!!!

Last night P and I were watching this week's episode of Prison Break(some shows have had new episodes every few weeks or so, they stretched it out) and I swear that for about 75% of the episode my heart was racing... Seriously, I know its just a tv show, its fake, but its amazing how it has the ability to draw a viewer in to the point that they have physical reactions to what they see...It is one of the shows that is able to do that, for me anyway. I tend to be an emotional person, I cry if something is happy or sad, etc.. so when there is major suspense my heart starts to pound and I get all nervous... Its quite funny, although I could do without the feeling...its too intense... So I am hoping I don't have to wait forever for the next few episodes, and I sincerly hope the year finishes out instead of going on hiatus until the fall. Although, they will probably leave me with some major cliffhanger which will also stink!!! I hate those, I always want to know what happens, like immediately!!!

Well I am happy this strike is over, people can go back to work, pump some money into the economy, and best of all, I get my shows back(probably not till april, but still)...Oh and I am going home next week and get to watch the Oscar's there with my family, can't wait!!!

No comments: