Today, I am thinking back on situations where things took a while to work out, but then somehow, you see the wisdom in the choices made, waiting, etc...I was having a conversation with a co-worker which has triggered this post. Basically, we were discussing situations, where in the short-term you have to wonder if you made the right decision, etc.. but in the long-term you realize that even if you did something for one reason, the way all the pieces fell into place, the way things worked, out, perhaps there was a bigger picture going on in the background and the "real" reasons behind why things worked out as they did.
I personally believe, that God has a plan for how things should work out. I really have no idea at what level He actually gets involved, like does He have anything to do with who one marries, or what job you get, etc. Sometimes you think, why would He get involved, He has bigger fish to fry. On the other hand, sometimes the way things work themselves out, you just can't believe there is any other possible explanation. I guess, is there such thing as coincidence? If there is, what about too much coincidence??? I am sure that if you ask 5 people how they interpret a particular situation, you will get 5 different responses. In my case, I am a person who believes in God and in Faith and that sometimes, no matter how miniscule/unimportant something may seem, it is possible for there to be Divine assistance/guidance...I have several things that have happened in my own life which i just refuse to believe were mere coincidence. Some things work out too perfectly and timely etc...I won't go into specific examples, but some of you have been involved and KNOW there had to be something more than coincidence going on...
Anyway, I think sometimes in life, some things just truly boil down to having faith. That said having Faith is something that can be easier said than done. For instance, if you are someone looking for love, and it hasn't happened for you, you wonder when??? You have to have Faith that it will eventually and that it will be worth the wait. That said, it doesn't mean you sit back and do nothing, I don't think God just hands things out on silver platters, we have to make an effort too, but I think He definitely looks out for people, especially when they ask Him for guidance. The key is recognizing His wisdom and the hints He gives....I have a particular situation i have been going through for about a year and a half now and I have struggled at times to see the wisdom behind why "things haven't worked out", but then I think and I wonder, maybe its just not visible yet, maybe "things are working out" exactly as they should and I can't grasp the reason/wisdom yet, but one day it will be perfectly clear. The tough part is having the patience to learn whatever lesson there is, or maybe its not a lesson, maybe things will work out better than i could have ever imagined and patience was the key (maybe a lesson after all).
I guess all of this reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Rascal Flatts. It is called "Bless the Broken Road" and the chorus says "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you". In the case of this song, it is about love, and how you end up with the right person in the end. You got hurt along the way, and during those times you couldn't understand why, but in the end that road led you to the person you were meant to be with and thank God for that because then you really appreciate who you have.... I think life works in much the same way. The Baha'i writings says God tests the one's he loves. So we just need to have Faith that things, most things, happen for a reason and one day we will recognize what those are. Here's to trying to have faith, and not just saying we do, but actually having it!!!
I leave you with the lyrics of the song:
Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road Lyrics
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's as our straight man George Michael tells us:
Gotta have faith a faith a faithaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
Aww Z joon, I LOVE this post. Sometimes I feel so small and puny, so meaningless in the grand scheme of things that I cant imagine He would get involved. But then other times I remember things like "Ask and you shall receive" or "He is the prayer-hearing, prayer-answering God" and I have FELT that, too. Just as you said, the way somethings work out so perfectly, so exactly, even if at the time they seemed so confusing...to me it makes so clear that we are guided. But we must be open to His guidance, as you said, and of course obedient to His teachings.
Anyway, great great post. Excellent food for thought.
Post a Comment