Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Morning

Today is the start of a new Sunday. I have started my day similar to other weekend days. Read from the Baha'i Writings, opened my laptop to see if anything happened while I was asleep, read my sister's blog, playing with dog in the meantime, etc... I am now going to search the web for some good recipes for french toast. We went to the grocery store last night, and among other things, bought a baguette. So now I want to try my hand at french toast, hope it turns out well, yum!!!

It is beautiful outside, we had a snowstorm last night, which was actually quite nice, because it hasn't felt like winter here. Normally this time of year there is snow and it is (-) degrees C, but pretty much all winter thus far it has been (+)degrees C and no snow... which some people love, but I like the occasional snow day, because it brightens everything up. Also, having grown up in the caribbean, you really long for snow sometimes...So I am just sitting by the window as I type this, enjoying the scenery, and smiling upon the day ahead...

Nothing extraordinary planned, doing laundry. Will probably read some Bahai Books and try to increase my knowledge a little, we'll see how that goes...Will take the dog out to play in the snow a bit...maybe clean the house... like i said nothing extraordinary...but should be nice nonetheless...

P and I found a good tapas bar last night. We were driving around town looking for a new place or just somewhere different to eat, and saw this place, so we decided to try it. I quite enjoyed it, not so much for the food, which was good, but more the ambience. It was a taste of latin. I mean the place itself is set up like a Spanish tavern, but the music was great. They played Luis Miguel, and then some merengue and some other spanish music which sort of took me back to home in my thoughts... I really am glad we found a new place we can go to... Anyway, it was a good saturday, and i am expecting it will be a good Sunday too!!!

I can't believe how different my life is these days. Seriously 2 years ago exactly at this time I would have most likely been working today, or at least it would be my only day off in the week. See this is "busy season" in the audit world which is what I use to do, with a really large company, so I was just a working machine...Actually, this time last year, even with my current company i was working like a freaking maniac because i was one of about 2 people assigned to a special project which really could have had 5 or 6 people working on it... It was insane, 8 am to 1am everynight, 8am to 10 or 11 pm on weekend,s sat and sun... i mean i just can't even believe i survived it... and now my life is so relaxed, it really is a different life... so while i miss the crazy busy sometimes, i also relish the relaxed not much going on other times...although, i have to say, having been use to being so busy, i feel a bit useless at times right now, but i figure i will just enjoy the break, and pick up some speed in my pace in other ways (bahai stuff mainly) once I am ready to do so!!!

Ok y'all - i am off to try my hand at french toast... Somehow all of my blog entries end up much longer than i normally expect... haha, oh well, hope you are still reading at this point!!! Happy Sunday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as you said stockholm has been unseasonably warm this winter and last winter too and thats GREAT stuff, i think we are heading towards a complete weather change, thank you global warming, i hear your work is AWESOME now with times since i also had a wife that used to have busy season from jan to apr EVERY YEAR monday morning to sunday midnight NON-STOP, and now you say in the 15 months you have been working at your new place you only have had a few days busy busy, and that was a one time thing, wow lucky you gal!! well im off to take care of my own wife but good luck with everything

sincerely your pal

Ray Ray Johnson