Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dreams

Last night I had a very vivid dream which made me wake up I was so upset. Every once in a while I have what I suppose you can describe as nightmares, but not necessarily nightmares, moreso things that are just upsetting. About a year and a half ago, my pet poodle, Tia, died. This was when I was living in Atlanta. It was a bit of a traumatic experience for me, the way it happened and I was all alone, it was middle of the night, anyway its not something I enjoy thinking about. Well jump ahead to present day and I have a pet shit zu, Bebo. I have had him for a year now and I really love him, as most people do their pets. Well last night, I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that Bebo was walking funny, but nothing really strange, but then later John Goodman(that's right from "Roseanne", probably thought of him since i saw an episode of roseanne yesterday), told me that a moth had gone up Bebo's leg(yeah not possible I know) and he was dying. And then i saw this like vet paramedic guy with Bebo and he looked awful, kind of like Tia did, and I just grabbed Bebo and was holding him pacing back and forth and sobbing and saying "Oh God, Oh God, not again, I can't handle this again, not again, please, please" and i uttered some prayer's and the name of God over and over and I mean it was really soooooooooo real, and I woke up. Oh and i remember seeing bebo's belly cut open, like they were going to try to operate to get the moth out.... that was the last thing i remember before waking up.... The thing is it felt SO real and I was SOOOOO upset.... I mean i know its probably me just projecting my feelings into a dream (bebo got a nasty cut last night and I was a bit worried) but still, i think its crazy how real dreams can be.

This also gets me thinking about the meaning of certain dreams. How do you know if something you dreamt has some sort of significance, or if its just your imagination projecting your thoughts? I am not really sure, though i definitely believe in the power of dreams. I also think dreams in general are very interesting. But I tell you, I wouldn't mind if I never had another scary dream again!!! I hate waking up frightened/upset!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds terrible. I'm sure it's from the sadness of losing Tia. I think dreams always have meanings even if they are just reflecting our subconcious worries, cares and dreams. Love you!

tmonajjem said...

Dreams are strange phenomena; one I should probably study more. But let me assure you, no one has had more frightening dreams than I have. In that none of the awful ones never came true (knock on wood) I think they are often just projections of our subconscious, of things we are feeling or experiencing during that time. In any case, each time I had a bad dream, my parents would remind me that in Persian tradition, when women dream, the opposite happens. It's worked well for me to believe that so far, because I have yet to have a really good dream (with one notable exception).
Hope you have sweeter dreams this evening.